With the advent of the internet, we can now check out provident fund balance online via the epfo online portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in). By logging in with your UAN number provided to you by your employer, you become an authorised member to check the pf balance online. This facility enables registered members to view the Member Passbook. The passbook is made available 6 hours after one has registered at Unified Member Portal. Changes in the credentials at Unified Member Portal will be effective at this Portal after after 6 Hours. This helps to check you provident fund balance online. PF India helps to check your epf balance online thereby making your life easier and thus you can save your time by accessing the online portal sitting comfortably in your home.The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (abbreviated to EPFO), is an Organization tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees, a statutory body formed by the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 and is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment
You would be wondering “how would I check my epf balance amount?”. Its simple just follow these simple steps. To check the EPFO Member balance first ensure that the employer has activated UAN number, once that is confirmed, please visit the epfo website (https://epfindia.gov.in/) and follow the following steps:
- Click on Our Services and choose For Employees from the drop down.
- Click on Member Passbook from the list provided under Services.
- You will be redirected to this page – https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
- Register with your UAN and valid 10 digits mobile phone number
- Post which you will receive an OTP (One Time Password) to log in and verify your phone number
- Select the state and the office. Enter the company code provided by your employer
- Please use a valid phone number as in case of FORGOT PASSWORD you would again need the same phone number to generate the OTP
- Once you have registered with your phone number and UAN number you can log in to view your passbook and account balance
- Provide the password and the captcha mentioned
- After logging into the passbook, it can be downloaded within 6 hours of registration.
- You can then enter a new password, while the login remains your UAN ID. You can download your UAN Card, updated PF – Passbook and can view the status of your PF Transfers.
Now that you know the steps it becomes a tad easy job for you !!! Also, remember the basic Provident Fund Deduction from Salary: When you start working, you and your employer both contribute 12% of your basic salary (plus dearness allowances, if any) into your EPF account. Therefore epfo online is the best way to keep track of your provident fund balance as it is your money and with the help of PF India, it has just been made easier.