The TAN number is a 10-digit alphanumeric code. The first 4 digits of Tan number are capital letters of the alphabet and the 5th to the 9th digit is numerical. The 10th digit is again a capital letter. A TAN number should be like PDES03028F. Anyone who can deduct TDS from their payments should get a TAN.
Tan number verification online:
To verify your TAN you need to follow some simple steps that are mentioned below.
- At first log on to the e-Filing website of the Income Tax Department
- Under the tab “Services”, select “Know Your PAN” from the given drop-down menu.
- Enter the Category of Deductor.
You have to choose the appropriate option from the following list:
- Branch of company
- Statutory body or autonomous bodies or local authority
- Central and state government
- Firms/AOP/AOP(trust)/BOI/artificial judicial person
- Branch of firms/AOP/AOP(trust)/BOI/artificial judicial person
- Branch of individual business (sole proprietorship)/HUF(Karta)
- Select your state from the given drop down list
- You can then opt to search via Name or TAN
- Enter your full name or the TAN number according to your preference
- Enter the captcha code as it appears onscreen
- Click on “Search” to generate your results
ITD has now introduced a search facility in their website (www.incometaxindia.gov.in), to facilitate Deductor to find their new TAN details. Deductors can search on their name and old TAN to find the new TAN through this fecility. Deductors are advised to find the new TAN from this official site before it is incorporated in their e-TDS return file to avoid any inconvenience at the time of furnishing e-TDS return. Tan is a very important document for every individual residing in India.
Tan verification process is very easy through its online portal. Here you will find out how to get tan number. Tan stands for Tax Deduction Account Number. Tan number helps you to identify your Tax Deduction Account. To do Tan number verification and to know your tan number you can follow the steps mentioned above. You just need to log in to the official online portal and fill up the form with proper Tan details.