The ultimate guide to an easy UAN activation procedure.
Using a single UAN activation, it is possible to avail the EPF services such as withdrawal, checking EPF balance without the help of the employer. The Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12 digit number allotted to every member under the EPF (Employee Provident Fund), which helps people to monitor their PF status. The UAN connects multiple PF IDs and makes it easier for the employee for any EPF balance enquiry, or any other EPFO status update. One way of achieving is UAN activation.
Generate UAN is now effortless.
To generate UAN number, if the employer has not shared the UAN with the employees, here is the procedure that needs to be followed:
- Log on to the EPF UAN member portal and select the option that says “Know your UAN status”.
- Enter the details of the PAN or the aadhaar for authorization.
- Submit the OTP which is generated on the registered mobile number.
- The UAN and its status will be sent to the same mobile number.
UAN activation is now simplified.
UAN activation and all the “How to activate UAN” questions will not a be a matter of concern anymore. With the help of the UAN activation portal and an easy UAN activation process, it is now possible to avail all the benefits that it has to offer. Here are the few steps one needs to follow for an UAN activation online:
- Go to epfindia.gov.in. Click on ‘For Employees’ under the ‘Our Services’ section.
- Click on ‘Member UAN/Online services’. The UAN activation portal is where it will take the user.
- On this page, choose ‘Activate your UAN’. This link will be given below the ‘login’ column.
- Enter the UAN, mobile number and PF member ID. An OTP will be generated on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
- On a successful UAN number activation, a password will be generated on the registered on the registered mobile number to access the account. The password can be changed later.
Follow these steps for an easy and effortless UAN activation with the help of the online services provided.