UAN Registration Procedure for EPF Account
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) service is initiated by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) under the guidance of Government of India. The EPF fund is created by the employer, and thereby, a UAN (Universal Account Number) is allotted. This number is portable through different employers and remains the same all through the work tenure of an individual. This UAN number makes it quick and easy for you to check your EPF balance online, view UAN EPF passbook and also make withdrawals. However, to get started, your UAN id should be registered to your EPF account. Here’s the procedure.
How to register UAN for EPF account?
To register your UAN for EPF UAN number, it is important for the UAN to be linked to your registered mobile number. Here’s what you need for the registration process –
- Your EPF account number
- Your UAN ID – linked to your registered mobile number
Activation of UAN with your EPF account
- Log in to the website gov.in for EPF UAN registration online
- In the “Our services” subdivision, you will find the “For employees” section. Click on it
- You will find three sections here. Look at the first section “Services”
- There is a link for Member UAN/Online services. Click on it
- You will then arrive at the UAN employee portal
- Just below the login space, there is a link for “Activate UAN”
- Once you have clicked on it, you will need to enter the following details
- PF member ID
- Registered mobile number with your EPF account
- UAN Id
- Enter the captcha given
- Click on “Get authorization pin”. The PIN will be sent to you on your registered mobile number associated with your EPF account
- There is a disclaimer box that needs to be checked in before validation. Once you have entered the PIN, you need to click on “I agree”
- Enter the OTP/PIN that you receive on your registered mobile number
- Finally, you need to click on “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” for EPF UAN number registration
Once you complete the process, you will receive a unique password for your UAN id on your registered mobile number. This password will allow you the access to the UAN portal.
- The password can be changed at any point in time by logging into the UAN portal.
- The login id is your UAN id
- The password is what you receive on your registered mobile number.
It is imperative for every individual to link the registered mobile number with their EPF account and in turn register the PF UAN with the EPF account. This enables you to check the UAN member portal passbook and your EPF UAN balance, and make withdrawals easily.