Union Bank Credit Card: All you need to know
There are several Union Bank of India credit cards that are available and these come with numerous privileges for customers. Union Bank credit card apply procedures are quite simple indeed and the rewards on store include ticket bookings, shopping, travel and dining rewards and more. There are several credit card variants available such as Classic, Gold and Silver. Whenever you undertake Union Bank of India credit card registration, you can get your card customized for you with a picture or even without one. Union Bank International Visa cards also come with the advantage of being usable anywhere across the globe at merchant outlets. Cash withdrawals are also possible across ATMs globally. Additionally Union InstaCash is another innovative facility where customers can withdraw cash up to Rs. 1, 000 at selected merchant outlets.
Key Features and Benefits
Before you venture to Union Bank of India credit card apply online, you should know that there are various features and benefits on offer. There is also the option for selecting a Photo Signature VISA Card or the Non-Photo VISA card depending on your own specific needs. The former comes in Gold, Classic and Silver variants for domestic use.
Here’s taking a look at the key features and benefits:
- Zero Annual Fees- You can always confirm this from the Union Bank of India credit card customer care portal if you wish. There are no annual fees payable by customers for any Union Bank of India credit card and only Signature card holders have to pay Rs. 250 annually which is also waived in case of spends exceeding Rs. 1 lakh.
- Lifestyle rewards- There are various credit card privileges on offer including dining discounts, entertainment discounts, car rental offers, rewards program and travel privileges.
- Add-on cards- Primary Union Bank of India credit card holders can always get add-on cards which can be used by their family members.
- Union Rewardz- There is also the Union Rewardz loyalty program and you can make PoS transactions and redeem the same to get travel tickets, merchandise and gift vouchers among other attractions. New card holders are enrolled automatically into this loyalty program. You can redeem your points when it touches a minimum of 100.
1 Union point is garnered for every Rs. 100 that you spend in case the monthly expenditure is up to Rs. 10, 000. In case this varies between Rs. 10, 001 and Rs. 30, 000, you can earn 1.5 points for every Rs. 100 that you spend. In case this goes above Rs. 30, 000, you will be earning 2 Union points for every Rs. 100 that is spent by you.
- Insurance- Air accident insurance & personal accidental insurance can be availed and the amount varies depending on the type of card that you select.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver- Customers may also enjoy waivers on fuel surcharge across transactions varying between Rs. 400-4, 000.
- EMI Options- You can always switch your purchases of higher value into easy monthly EMIs and repay the amount within 3, 6, 9, 23, 24 or 28 months as per your convenience.
- Interest Free Period- Union Bank of India offers up to 50 days as the interest free credit timeline.
- 24-7 Hotlisting- In case your credit card has been stolen or is lost, you can hot list or block the same by contacting the Union Bank of India 24-7 helpline.
Interest & Other Charges
|Charge||Signature Credit Card||Gold Card||Classic Card||Silver Card||Usecure Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 250||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Add On Cards||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Rate of Interest Per Month||–||1.90%||1.90%||1.90%||–|
The eligibility criteria should be carefully seen before choosing the Union Bank credit card apply option. These include the following:
- Income criteria has to be matched in case of Visa International Credit Card customers.
- Signature credit cards are possible with minimum annual income of Rs. 5 lakhs.
- Usecure credit cards can be obtained by those who have term deposits ranging between Rs. 25, 000 and Rs. 5, 00, 000.
The documents required by salaried employees and self-employed professionals include the following:
- Proof of Address
- PAN Card
- Proof of Income (Salaried Professionals)- Salary Certificate/Pay Slip/Income Tax Returns/Form 16
- Proof of Income (Self-Employed Professionals)- Form 16/Income Tax Returns
Types of Credit Cards Available
- Union Bank VISA International Credit Card/Signature Credit Card- This comes with the Photo Signature VISA/Non Photo VISA Card options. The latter is the EMV Platinum International Card. There are several features and benefits on offer. The Photo Signature card gets Classic, Gold and Silver variants.
- Usecure Credit Card- This can be availed against a fixed deposit between Rs. 25, 000 and Rs. 5, 00, 000 at Union Bank of India. Those not having income proof can avail of this card by tapping into their FDs. There are attractive travel, entertainment and dining privileges on offer with this card.
Other Important Aspects
- Credit limit is determined on the basis of the income of the customer and the income source and this is decided at the time of application.
- Add-on cards do not have any separate credit limit and share the determined limit of the primary credit card.
- Customers can pay their credit card bills via Auto Debit/Union Bank Credit Card Bill Pay-Internet Banking. They can also pay at Union Bank of India branches.
- The charges imposed for not paying outstanding bills are Late Payment Fees and Interest calculated from the date of purchase.
- When the minimum amount due is paid by the customer or a partial payment is made, interest has to be paid from the purchase date.
- Rates are subject to changes and hence customers should check the same on a periodic basis.